Highgate House is a large Georgian house with spacious public areas allowing ample room for social distancing. Our seven point Covid-19 measures aim to allow our guests to book with confidence and enjoy a lovely weekend away by the seaside in beautiful historic Whitby.
Highgate House 7 Point Covid measures
- We have increased the cleaning regime and rooms are sealed before new guests arrive.
- We have reduced our no cancellation period from 42 days to 14 days to allow guests more flexibility to cancel / change their booking if Government advice changes, if guests begin to show symptoms or if guests have been asked to isolate by NHS. We will consider exceptional circumstances on bookings up to 24 hours before arrival if impacted by Covid-19 (Doctors letter may be required).
- We can provide (at an additional cost), brand new pillows still in the shop packaging, which guests can can then take home.
- Guests may be required to complete a health questionnaire 24 hours before arrival. On arrival we will provide a warm welcome, from a 2m distance in the large hallway where we will explain how to enjoy a relaxing stay. Guests then collect their scratch cards, and parking map, then make their way to their room. Social distancing will be required at all times on the stairs and in the hallways.
- All surfaces in the hallway and landing will be regularly cleaned and disinfected and on entering or leaving, all guests will be required to sanitise their hands.
- We are providing room only option or breakfast tray to reduce contact risk.
- All payments are prepayments by card only.